Samstag, 31. Dezember 2011

New Year's resolutions


So, this year is already over again ... It's the first year that we've lived in our new house and I love what we have already accomplished here! It's already a home for us, although of course there are many rooms that aren't finished. 


I observed that my full-time job, family AND the house have worn me out a little and that I often don't have time for myself or things I just "want" to do instead of "have to". So I made a few New Year's resolutions:

Schon wieder ein Jahr vorbei... es ist das erste Jahr, in dem wir im neuen Haus gewohnt haben und ich freue mich über alles, was wir hier schon geschafft haben! Es ist schon richtig unser Zuhause geworden, obwohl natürlich noch einige der Räum und einzelne Ecken im Haus unfertig sind. 

Ich habe aber gemerkt, das sich mit meinem Vollzeitjob, Familie und Haus ganz schön an meine Grenzen komme und viele Dinge nicht schaffe, die ich gern tun möchte. Daher habe ich mir ein paar Dinge für das kommende Jahr vorgenommen:


Some of these may sound strange for other people, but I hope I will be able to stick to them!


1) We did not go anywhere this year, because we prioritized expenses for the house over vacation, which was okay for one year - next year I think we will go somewhere in the south (Spain?), warm and sunny. 
2) I would love to cook more, but as everyone in the family is eating out at school or work, there is hardly any necessity to cook at home, except at some weekends. Most of the time my husband does the cooking, but I feel that I want to get involved more again. Feeding my family more healthy food is something I want to do.
3) Working so much and then enjoying the free time with my family made me neglect my social contacts in the past!
4) I've been wanting to do that all the time, now it will be one of my top priorities in the house next year. I have already collected a few wonderful ideas...
5) I did a Pilates class last year, but did not like the course instructor nor the  the place where it was held... and the other women were ALL so much older than I. But I will try to find something like that again - with a nicer instructor, women my age and a nice place... I already have a gym in mind. ;)
6) JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT! I have to read so many books and magazines for work, but I will try to read a little for pleasure, too! I can skip TV instead!!!
7) This is the hardest point! But working at the weekends is at the expense of family time which I am not willling to accept anymore!!!

I put boxes next to the resolutions, will print it and put it in my study where I can (hopefully) check regularly what I have accomplished.Keep your fingers crossed for me! I wish you a Happy New Year with a lot of time for the people that you love!

Manche meiner Vorsätze klingen vielleicht merkwürdig für andere, aber ich hoffe wirklich, dass ich sie einhalten kann. Mehr Zeit einfach mal für mich und für meine Familie! Ich habe mir direkt Kästchen zum Abhaken dazu gemacht und werde die Liste an meinen Schreibtisch hängen und im Auge behalten. Hoffentlich kann ich alles nach und nach als erledigt abhaken! Drückt mir die Daumen! Ich wünsche euch allen ein Frohes Neues Jahr und viel Zeit, die ihr mit euren Lieben verbringt. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Ich freue mich gaaaanz doll, wenn du dir die Zeit nimmst und einen Kommentar hinterlässt. Dankeschön!